Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Work Goes On

We did tell Ben about the tragedy of Dan Manwaring's death: I feel bad for what happened to the Manwaring family.  Send them my love.

Ben also had an ingrown toenail removed by the mission doctor and he is doing fine. The doctor, who is also a missionary, has access to information about all missionaries serving worldwide. Ben is the only Elder Hoose currently serving anywhere.

Here is the rest of what he sent for his blog:

This week in an effort to become a better disciple of Jesus Christ, I took the mission president's challenge to read the entire missionary handbook and note down everything in which I am not exactly obedient. I have been reviewing the list regularly and have improved in the points I wrote down. Throughout my life, improving in obedience has made me happier, more appreciative, and more sensitive to the Spirit.

We had a pretty good week down here. The family we have been working with is still progressing well. They are reading and praying as a family and having family home evenings. They are also consistently coming to church. Unfortunately, they still haven't accepted a baptismal date but still have a desire to be baptized. We also set a date for August 16 with another investigator who we have been teaching since I got here. Her mom has reactivated and she feels ready to make the covenant of baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment