Sunday, September 28, 2014

Training is done, Ben is a zone leader

Apologies for taking so long to post this. Ben also sent a post last week, but it is very long and needs to be transcribed.

Ben was transferred to a new area, which was not unexpected since he was finished training the new missionary and he had been in that area for over six months. In addition Ben is now a zone leader. (The mission is divided into several regional zones each headed by a pair of zone leaders who are responsible for training and general welfare of the missionaries among other things. Each zone is further divided into districts.)

From his email:

Referring to the Tioga soccer team: It looks like this will be the year for a winning season.

I am glad that Liz and Luke and Gabe are doing alright.  I am out of time again.  It goes by so fast writing home.

I was very humbled yesterday. In addition to leaving an area that I fell in love with, I lost my journal. Hopefully I left it in the office and not on the bus. There's more of a chance of it finding its way back that way. It made me realize that I don't have a single possession more valuable than my journal. The records of my time serving the Lord and the people here and learning and growing as a person are absolutely priceless. It has motivated me though. The experience reminded me of my absolute dependence in the Lord. Unfortunately it sometimes takes something tragic to realize that. It also reminded me that I must take advantage of every moment here. The memories and growth will last forever, even without my journal. Although painful, losing my journal has made me a better disciple of Christ.
 
I left El Pino in good shape. There is still a lot of work to do and there are many less actives with potential as well as a few good investigators. I don't know a whole lot about Los Nogales yet, so I am sure I will have more to say next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment