Tuesday, December 3, 2013

El Campo Misional (The Mission Field)

UPDATE: We got this picture via email today from the mission office. With Ben are President and Sister Cook.



Ben is finished with the training center and is in the field. We weren't sure if we were going to hear from him at all this week, but we did get a quick note which we are sharing below:

I'm only allowed to send a quick email in an internet cafĂ©.  My companion is Latino so I'm going to learn Spanish fast I guess.  He speaks less English than I speak Spanish.  Our house is small and very humble to put it nicely.  I'll send pictures next week hopefully.  I met President Cook* and was surprised to find that he remembers me.  He told me you got a nor'easter this week.  Maybe you'll have a White Christmas.  Well I guess that's all I have time for.  I'll write you on Monday.

 *Ben's mission president, David Cook, is from the Rochester area and previously served as a regional leader of the church in the Northeast. Ben had briefly met him at a church meeting in Owego a couple years ago.  President Cook began his tenure as mission president in July. We don't know where the nor'easter news came from, maybe last week's storm. I think Rochester got more snow than we did from that episode.


No comments:

Post a Comment