Friday, October 25, 2013

Ben's there, but nothing else is...

We got this email from Ben this evening:

Hey Mom and Dad and Family!
We have been allowed to email home to let you know that we arrived safely.  I ended up flying alone but that was ok.  In Philadelphia, I had to give up my carry on because they ran out of room in the overhead bins.  I held out as long as I could, but they ended up making me.  This is unfortunate because now I have no bags.  They were lost somewhere.  I filed a report at the airport and online.  I also made a claim for $1,500.  Maybe that wasn't enough... I was the only one to lose my bags this trip, but the MTC President told me that everyone who has lost bags in the past has received them within a couple days.  I was also the only missionary to receive only one name tag.  I don't know how they lost the other one, but hopefully I'll receive another soon.  In addition, I was given two spanish missionary handbooks instead of a spanish and an english.  Luckily, I have an english one of my own.  Unluckily, it is in my luggage.  I have been very unlucky.  It's somewhat comical though.  The MTC President's wife is very nice and she made up a care package for me to get me through the next few days.  Hopefully only the next few days...
I love you all very, very much and I already miss you too.
Love,

Elder Hoose

We'll keep you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment